I won't attempt to field that question.
Why? Are you leaving it for Mukulda to answer "that" if he chooses to. To be fair to you, I shouldn't and wouldn't expect you to field it since the original email was written by Mukulda.

But going back to the original one of Lyngdoh's--do you subscribe to the ex-Election Commissioner's assessment of democracy's misdeeds in India?
Mr. Lyngdoh did a fine job as a CEC and I commend his courage at that time to challenge the politicians. The recent article also is a good attempt to reform the election process. But you must remember that election is only one part of democracy. Mr. Lyngdoh addressed that part of democracy well in his critique. However there is much more to the concept of democracy and I'd like to see more from your hero Lyngdoh on the other aspects before I "subscribe to his assessment of democratic misdeeds in India".

Or as one truly devoted to desi-demokrasy, do you thus reject Lyngdoh's assessments?
What are the characteristics of "desi-democrasy"? If you can summarize in a few paragraphs, I'd appreciate. Though you use the term frequently, I have never understood its true meaning. And I am serious.
Once I understand the definition only then you or I can figure out the devotion part.

I do not reject Lyngdoh's assessment. There are many things wrong with Indian democracy and democracy has been misinterpreted by many of today's Indian leaders. Democracy is not a cure-all for humanity's problems and definitely it has not reached perfection. Even in USA where democracy had a headstart, politicians are still trying to improve it as you well know.

Anyway I'd like hear a good definition of "desi democrasy".

Dilip