Umesh,

>However, it seems from the newsmedia that in the rallies that followed Mahanta's death -- >innocents were puished towards the army bullets while ULFA cadre killed and injured the CRPF >soldiers etc in the melee .

Nobody really cares if an army jawan was killed or how many are killed. It doesn't matter if he was NOT the one involved in the killing of Mahanta. All that matters is that he is in the Indian army. It was his own damn fault for joining the Indian army and getting imbroiled in the mess. -:)
-:)

--Ram da