about AGP's call Hindu immigrants/refugees from Bangladesh - I may add that my father's eldest sister and her husband's family escaped in 1971 from Bangladesh and came to India . She died in Nov 2004. Those who remained there from her family -now dress up as muslims and have no Hindu symbols etc inside their house. One of their daughters was abducted then in 1971 - and later when she called home they said that -she was dead for them and she should remain with her abductors. Such movies have been made about India-Pak partition.

However, that does not mean that even after 25 years - people  should keep jumping inside India and call themselves refugees from Bangladesh. If indeed they have been persecuted they should documented -properly - by their fellow Hindus - in India and abroad (in Oct 2005 a delegation of Hindu American Foundation presented 200 cases of assulats on Hindus in Bangladesh in 2004 alone - to US senators and congressmen).

 Instead of just trying to get all Hindus to leave their land of persecution (Bangladesh, Afghanistan -from there many are now in Germany since Taliban days but been forced to go back) - Hindus in India or elsewhere should be their voice and identify those who really require refugee status - similar to the work being done by Christianb groups in bringing some Sudanese Christians to USA etc - who go to churches and Univs across USA (incl Harvard) to share the story of their plight.

Ram Sarangapani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Local regional caste Hindu Assamese party bending over >backward to sell Assam to India.

How do we come to that conclusion? Could it just be a simple matter of AGP trying to win elections by appeasing illegal B'deshi (who may actually have voting powers).

I am not understanding how Assam is being sold to India because AGP is appealing to illegals. Is Delhi telling them to do it - but then Delhi is controlled by UPA. They would rather support Gogoi than AGP.