>The other option is to gloss over and plainly deny the existence of
>all these >aspects (as many on this net do) and then to march
>forward with a very >selective view of Hinduism that is in
>consonance with modern society and >liberal values. The trouble with
>this approach is that in all honesty, you >cannot be very sure of
>what it is you are clutching on to & therefore, in the >long run,
>are bound to run into certain contradictions - perhaps as
>your >children question you....

*** Well said Santanu. But I am not sure the inquisitive children are
enough  of a deterrence to that attempt at living in a make-believe
world. I have seen 'children' of those who would choose to live in a
delusion, raised, indoctrinated and molded in the image of their
parents :-), who grow up perfectly willing  to perpetuate the myths
and the delusions.