May their souls rest in peace to next birth.

I thought such things happened only in Himalayan roads.

Umesh

Rajiv Baruah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Shocking news.....

NEW DELHI, Apr 20, 2006 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- At least 51 passengers were
killed and 10 others injured on Thursday morning when a bus skidded off a
highway and fell into a pond in northeast India's Assam, Indo-Asian News Service
reported.

The bus driver lost control of the vehicle while trying to negotiate a sharp
bend around 01:00 a.m. local time Thursday near a village named Goumari in
Assam, the local police said.

"It was raining and the bus probably swerved off the highway and plunged deep
into the pond," a police official said.

The bus was carrying about 70 people from Raha in eastern Assam to Goumari
village for a wedding, the official added.

"We have recovered 51 bodies. There could be some more in the pond and divers
are at work," the official said, adding that most victims died of asphyxiation
unable to get out of the bus after it fell in the pond.

At least 10 people were seriously injured and they were sent to hospital.

Copyright 2006 XINHUA NEWS AGENCY

Umesh Sharma
5121 Lackawanna ST
College Park, MD 20740