Title: EMAIL THIS Email

CNN.com
Powered by
 * Please note, the sender's email address has not been verified.

A truly challenging task - as faced by this teacher. I can relate to her becos I teach in Silver Spring, Maryland too- to students of similar demographics.

The children themselves have mood swings - a few openly declared to the school authorities yesterday in their annula survey that they did not like the teacher and the program -thats me. a few others wrote in support of me in the survey. I had planned to give them chocolates at the end of the class - and lo today those very ones were singing praises and fighting for me - against those who were at fault today and angry with my censure.

Even among all the SES After School students I think mine are the most challenging - the last teacher was really fired - an unprecedented step by top management - becos she was always partying with tem and teaching little. The children have fond memories of her though - and never hesistate to mention how good she was - and how mean I am (mostly after someone has had to change a card for incorrect behavior).

Change is difficult also becos those whom have to change don;t like change either. Thats part of the game.

is it?

Umesh

Umesh

  Click the following to access the sent link:

CNN.com - Maryland teacher named Teacher of the Year - Apr 25, 2006* CNN.com will expire this article on 05/25/2006.CNN.com will expire this article on 05/25/2006.

  SAVE THIS link FORWARD THIS link

Get your EMAIL THIS Browser Button and use it to email information from any Web site.

  *This article can also be accessed if you copy and paste the entire address below into your web browser.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/04/25/teacher.of.the.year.ap/index.html