Title: E-Mail This
The New York Times E-mail This
Article Tools Sponsored By
This page was sent to you by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message from sender:
These South American mongoes look like rubber ones which a thick skin and no smell -taste like water melon!! I had one long back in 2004 - the day I landed here in US . And very costly $3 for one. Soon they would get to love the real thing ----from India. This article does not mention the hundreds of varieties from East India. Mukul-da and others in India must be loving it. Umesh

TRAVEL   | May 10, 2006
Letter From Mumbai:  Mango Mania in India
By JONATHAN ALLEN
Right now, mango frenzy is in full swing in India, not least in Mumbai, where street vendors, fashionable bars and five-star hotels all offer mangoes in various incarnations.

Most E-mailed
1. Higher Learning in France Clings to Its Old Ways
2. What Is the Best Work of American Fiction of the Last 25 Years?
3. Shift in Treating Breast Cancer Is Under Debate
4. Wal-Mart Eyes Organic Foods
5. Antidepressant May Raise Suicide Risk

»  Go to Complete List

WATER – In theatres April 28th

See the controversial film Time Magazine proclaims "A Triumph." Set in 1938 Colonial India, against Mahatma Gandhi's rise to power, Water begins when 8-year-old Chuyia is widowed and sent to a home where Hindu widows must live in penitence. Chuyia's feisty presence deeply affects the lives of the other residents, including a young widow, who falls for a Gandhian idealist.
Click here to watch trailer/

Do you love NY? Get the insider’s guide to where to stay, what to do and where to eat. Go to www.nytimes.com/travel for your NYC Guide now. Click here.