From: Barua25
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: Hindu-Christian Big-Bang Theory

"veda yadi va na veda"

Yes, the Nasadiya Sukta ends with a questioning....

But, after all, who knows, and who can say
Whence it all came, and how creation happened?
The gods themselves are later than creation,
so who knows truly whence it has arisen?

Whence all creation had its origin,
he, whether he fashioned it or whether he did not,
he, who surveys it all from highest heaven,
he knows - or maybe even he does not know.

Meaning: "After all, who really knows what happened and who can presume to tell it? What is the origin of creation? For, even the Gods themselves are younger than it. He whether he created it or did not, He who surveys it all from the highest heaven, He knows - or maybe even he does not!"

This end-refrain, states that even the Supreme being also may be ignorant of the mystery of creation. This actually goes to supports the Buddhist view that the universe was not created by God but is eternal. If that is the case, Buddhist view is more correct that God is irrelevent in Hinduism also.  After all we donot need a God who does not know how the universe was created and who is not almighty.

This is what I say that theism is rather very week in Hindusim. In Hindusim we donot find a strong almighty God who is in charge of things like Judio-Christianity. This means the there is a higher realty, higher than Brahman, higher than the God of Gita.

I would like to know what do you think is the Hindu view of supreme God. Is he almighty or not?

>Hinduism accepted Buddha. Hinduism accepted Charvaka.

Please not that it is not the same as statement: Hinduism accepted Buddhism and Carvaksim. If you find a book please show where it tells that Hindusim believes in Buddhism and Charvakaism.

I wonder what the new definition of the Hindusim as resolved in California ended up with? Does it say that Hindusim believe as well not in a supreme God, and that in Hinduism the supreme God is not almighty God?

These are questions for discussions.

RB