From:  umesh sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:  assam@assamnet.org
Subject:  Re: [Assam] H-1B cap already reached !! --But.....still...: CaseStatus Information for Receipt Number: EAC060*******
Date:  Sat, 3 Jun 2006 20:23:20 +0100 (BST)

But only filled 5,800 out of 20,000 for those with US masters degrees.http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/h1bcapreach06.pdf

It means now the contractor and his immigration lawyer - has free time for people like me since he is free from other visa applicants. Maybe the immigration officials would be laess harried and in better mood to grant visas too (like my lawyer friend in New York -and a one time neighbor and school-calssmate from Jaipur and Delhi said --that don'y go for visa intervioew on Mondays and Fridays since US visa officers are likely to be in less benevelont mood in these days -beginning and end of the work week )
umesh sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It seems I will get my work card soon (whcih expires June 30th, 2006) but it would still be suseful since I can use it to justify my current status while applying for an H-1B visa. I still have to discuss whqat job category and salary I would eb working on. I am also seriusly thinking of taking PRAXIS test for High school math - before applying - my current prep. for high school tutoring entrance tests is making me more and more confident. There is nothing like impending doom to get a person going and trying all stops to make things work. It is like being in Russia without knowing Russian or English.

The work permit card will first go to Harvard Univ - to the Student Affairs office of Edu. School - which I had given to the USCIS last year - and then will come to me thru the Director of Internatioanl Affairs there. So, perhaps by end of another fortnight I
should have applied for H-1B visa -fi all goes well (incl arraingement for visa fees of over $2,000).

Hope everyone wishes me well. Everyone's moral support has always been important for me.  As someone has said " For one who has nothing let there be Hope."

Regards.

Umesh