I am very happy to inform every one that we are starting the new batch of PGDBM course from 3rd July 2006. This would be the 13th btach of students pursuing PGDBM in the Assam Institute of Management.
Shri Himanta Biswa Sharma would be the Chief Guest in the Course inauguration programme. We have also invited Porf. J. Medhi, professor Eemritus of gauhati University to deliver the course commencement lecture. It was really very touching that prof. medhi agreed to deliver the lecture in spite of his frail health.
This year we had quite a good response to our advertisemtn. we did the selection on two phases. the first phase was through an all india examination called ATMA, organised by the Association of indian Management Schools (AIMS). In the second phase we had our own examination. What is heartening is that almost all those whom we selected took admission. In the past about 25% of those admitted never used to join and we had to take recourse to the waiting list.
Meanwhile we are also happy to inform that all the 39 who gradauted in April 2006 have been placed.
Regards
Shantikam hazarika