Title: Re: [Assam] "Oxom"-"Asom" controversy is a " tilika" (lit
Raiz:

The crux of the matter here is this:

*** Himendra Thakur, important as he is, at least in  his own mind, could not handle criticism of some of his comments and ideas he floated here. He expected
Netters to go " hoy saar  hoy, bor bhaal kotha koise" . But instead when there were criticisms and challenges, instead of DEFENDING his views with credible arguments, he attempts to discredit his critics on entirely unrelated issues, including personal attacks of the crudest, most uncouth kind; thinking or hoping it will somehow erase the exposure his own muddled thinking and bigotry ridden attitudes. HT cannot fathom that when he asserts something, and if or when challenged, when he attempts to hide, play no-comprendo or feigns loss of memory,he appears to be a weasel to others.

Instead of defending his own views, HT expected other Assam Netters to come to his defense. Since that does not happen, he  attempts to disparage them, implying they are cowards, or are afraid of people like myself.

Yes, I will be the first to admit that I can be pretty rough with my words. But only to people who deserve such treatment. I don't know HT from, as I like to say, Adam. I met him once. It was a very cordial meeting. My exchanges with him in this net too were cordial and respectful, until, HT began to lose it and started making weird charges and getting personal; displaying, his true, crude and bigoted self.

It is obvious HT does not get it. He is too simple minded and ignorant to understand ordinary tongue-in-cheek or levity laced commentary that people make here time to time. Shades of our other piece-of-work in this net, the 'seraa boliya''linguist' with whom HT has obviously found common cause. Being language challenged has caused a lot of problem here for the tone-deaf, not to mention those who have had the misfortune of engaging with them. Poor Rajen! He is the biggest victim of it. I can understand why that happens however. It is a tell-tale sign of immigrants in these shores sticking with their own kind, rarely ever commiserating with the locals, remaining mired in a ghetto-mentality. Considering how HT charged me with 'accusing' him of accepting American citizenship, as if it is a crime; it becomes very easy to understand the  mind-set.

Bottom line: HT needs to pay attention and learn the ethics of Assam Net. Not that it is hard for the ordinarily attentive ones, but for those who are too
impressed with themselves to notice what is going on around them, it could be a challenge.

cm