Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Assam] Rediff/Forbes: career women: my mother, Princess Diana , Prophet Muhammad, our housemaid couldn't disagree more

Rajen-da,

The bias is the very fact such an issue is being debated in top US magazines. Do they still debate the issue that Blacks are geneticaly inferior and that their heads are not big enough to fit mature human brain. I'm told Watson and Crick -who unravleed the DNA structure and Nobel Laureates used to do just that. They were biased if they did that. If media does that -it is biased.

About Indian or Chinese or African or Latin American or native American women engaging in outdoor work -why is it slave labor? They have the freedom to work. They get paid for their work . They can work even if their husbands die or leave them  - I have seen quite a few such working women. They can riase their children etc on their earnings. Where is the slavery in that? In many cases such women leave their husbands and take up new ones -- there's the modernity you were seeking perhaps.

Regards.

Umesh

Rajen & Ajanta Barua <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>This article shows the bias in the media -even in the west. It shows that males are incapable of raising children and females are incapable of having careers.

Umesh:
I see the point in the aticle but failed to see the bias in the media in the west. Am I missing something.
RB

>In villages and the poor in India etc women do most of the work -in the fields, as housemaids, as construction workers - they are career women.

These women in India and China are not Career women, thay are like slave labours. Women do most of the work in Asia in the house and field plus raise the children, and men just sit an enjoy.

RB