Thanks!!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Assam] 'Assam' is an Indonesian Dish

Actually the language spoken by majority of Malaysians and Indonesians is called Bahasha (derivative of Bhasha). Bahasha Malaysia and Bahasha Indonesia. Even the base of Filipino is Bahasha with a lot of Portugese influence.  You do find a lot of Sanskrit influence in Bahasha. For example, there was a movement in Malaysia in the 60s to wrestle the trade and commerce from the Han Chinese businessman in favor of the local Malaysians. It was called the Bhoomi-Putra (sons of soil) movement.

Rajiv Baruah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,
Both Malay and Indonesia speak Malay - so asam means sour in both countries.
best
Rajiv