>I do not still understand why anyone would want to call such a beautiful
>name "Assam" as  Asom or Oxom

That is my point. The name Assam should be left alone.
But GOA has taken a resolution and Assam Tribune and Sentinel are adopting the name Asom. According to BB Kokaidew, the News paper editors are the kings who prevails. So unless we do something Assam will be Asom.

I have not seen any protest from many Kharkhowa Assamese on this.
In this net also I have not seen much protest.
According to Ram, it is a non issue and Assamese are not interested, and there are too many important problems for the Assamese to solve (what are these?)

I personally donot agree with any of these 'hobo diok' attitude.
We must save 'Assam' from 'Asom'.

Any suggestion what to do.

Rajen Barua