Forwarding the following information for everybody's information. - Utpal
Borpujari / New Delhi

    Dear well-wisher,

  Vivekananda Kendra Institute of Culture (VKIC), Guwahati, is a project of
Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari, a spiritually oriented Service origanisation.
VKIC was established in 1996 to unearth, identify and propagate the rich
heritage of various communities in the seven sister states of our Northeast
India. Through the research and documentation work taken up with thick
involvement of the various communities over these 10 years of functioning, VKIC
has been able to help the communities gain self confidence and empower them to
withstand the various modern challenges they face.

  We are happy to inform you, that VKIC is organising a multi-faceted programme
pertaining to the 500-year old Sattra Insitution of Assam in New Delhi. The
Sattra institution is a socio-religious instituion that continues to play a
pivotal role in the all round development of society through culture. The
Sattra institution, which is very similar to our ancient Maths and Buddhist
monastries, was founded in 16th Century by Shreemanta Sankaradeva and later
became part and parcel of the Assamese life. It brings forth a tradition that
illustrates an Ideal Social Order, that of Integral Humanism.

  While we reach you with the formal invitation, we request you to prepare
yourself to be with us on 25th and 26th of November to celebrate the "Sattra
Institution" and participate in the process of resurgence in the Northeast and
thereby the entire Nation.

  The programme:

  Sattra Darshan;
      Celebrating the Sattra Institution of Assam

  Inaugural Ceremony
  Date     25 November, 2006
  Time     4 p.m.
  Venue    Satya Sai International Auditorium, Lodhi Road, New Delhi

  Chief Guest
      General S.K. Sinha, Governor, Jammu and Kashmir
  Benedictory Addresses
      Shri Shri Narayan Chandra Goswami, Satradhikar, Sri Sri Natun Kamalabari
Sattra, Majuli
      H.H. Swami Dayananda Saraswati, Arsha Vidya Gurukulam, Coimbatore
  Keynote Address
      Shri D.N. Bezboruah, former Editor, The Sentinel, [English daily from
Assam]

  Valedictory Ceremony
  Date   26 November, 2006
  Time     5.30 p.m.
  Venue    Chinmaya Mission Auditorium, Lodhi Road, New Delhi

  Chief Guest
      Shri Tarun Gogoi, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Govt. of Assam
  Benedictory Address
      Dr. Shri Shri Pitambar Deva Goswami, Satradhikar, Sri Sri Auniati Sattra,
Majuli
  Valedictory Address
      Mananeeya P. Parameswaranji, President, Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari

  There will presentation of papers on the various aspects of the Sattra
Institution by a dozen scholars and Cultural presentations by the artists of
Sattriya tradition on both the days.

  With regards,
  Ishwari Prasad Gupta
  Chairman, Organising Committee