>From: "Rajen & Ajanta Barua" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 10:31:50 -0600
>
>Shantikam:
>That looks good. However, we must do whatever is needed to stop AT writing
>Asom. It does not know how much influence it makes on people. Luckily so
>far all other English papers like Telegraph, Timesof India are writing
>Assam till now. Please think about some strategy.
>Rajen

It is ironical that the Assam Tribune editorially supports Assam but uses
ASOM. What can be done to remedify the situation? It is very intriguing.
I do not think there has been any Assam Govt pressure to use ASOM. Many
Assam Govt org do not use ASOM and I have not come across any circular. So
it is basically on the whims of the
We may encourage all types of organisations, how obscure they may be, to
pass resolutions to retain Assam and send copies of the resolution to
various Government agancies, the AXX, AASU etc. Also copies should be given
to the local press correspondents for sending to their papers for
pub;ication. In this way, if we can convey that the feeling is sprad all
over the state, the impact may be good.
Interestingly we are not hearing anything in favour of ASOM.
SHantikam