Hi all!

Coming from Dhemaji know how backward the place is. There is no public
institution worth the name on the eastern part of Assam beyond Subansiri
river. Buljit is orchestrating a campaign for an Engg college at Dhemaji and
has been networking with all the opinion makers. I doubt how many of our
netters have visited that area!

I heard C'da was there about a year back and he will back me up on the issue
of backwardness. National Highways is in shambles, there are no bridges on
Jiadhal and Gai river. The Sonari Ghat on National Waterways-II has no
jetty.

If Assam is neglected on national point of view, than Dhemaji is on Assam's
point of view. The last time Dhemaji was famous, was for the unfortunate
Republic Day killing of School children.

Kindly support what Buljit is trying to address! An Engg college with
branches like IT, Bio -Informatics, Geo- Informatics, Food technology etc.
will give fillip to development. It should not 'kona hanhok potan', like the
Vet College in Lakhimpur.

-MKD

PS- I know Chitta very well. He is just trying to understand the issue!!