Dear Barua

Your "Take" is pretty good. I think this is what most people are expressing
(even if they are not articulate).

The supporters of ULFA or their ideology are trying very hard to convince
the rest.  Their main ways of doing so are (summing up)

The Ulfa uses all the violent means and does what it can to destablize the
region, scare people etc.
Its supporters (both tacit and otherwise) on the other hand make the usual
noises of disapprovals after the ulfa has killed a few more innocents.

Other than that, they want to put the onus on GOI, the GOA and others to
show proof as to why Assam *should NOT* get its independence.

This kind of reverse logic is excellent when the ULFA and its supporters
have not been able in the last so many decades to show anything else.
One thing that ought to be remembered is that it is the ULFA, its
"fronts", and its supporters
who are advocating for sovereignty etc. It is they who then have the
responsibility to show the rest of why their idea is so damn good, that
Assam can afford to loose so much in blood & treasure.
--Ram