Dear Hazarika,

*>Yes, Sharmila Tagore is 25% Assamese. There is no reason why she has to
flaunt it*

I am still trying to figure out what you meant by the above - your
observation seems quite tricky :):).

The word 'flaunt' would mean something like 'show off'. On the other hand
"there is no reason" might  imply that there is nothing to show off for -
ie. nothing to brag about.

Nevertheless, it is interesting to note this.  Incidentally, in US, if one
can prove atleast 1/16th "Indian" (obviously not our kind), they are
considered special.

--Ram