Utpal-da,

  All these Air Cheifs are Punjabis (who rule Delhi)

  Air Chief Marshal Arjan Singh

 1 August1964-15 July 1969     Air Chief Marshal P.C. Lal

 16 July 1969-15 January 1973     Air Chief Marshal O.P. Mehra

 16 January 1973-31 January 1976

Air Chief Marshal Dilbagh Singh
 1 September 1981-3 September 1984

Air Chief Marshal S.K. Mehra
 1 August 1988-31 July 1991     Air Chief Marshal N.C. Suri

 1 August 1991-31 July 1993     Air Chief Marshal S.K. Kaul

 1 August 1993-31 December 1995     Air Chief Marshal   S.K. Sareen

 31 December 1995-31 December 1998

I recall this vert well after I received the royal snub from a Punjabi wanna be
father-in-law -a former Air Force pilot who found a lucrative job in Indian
AirLines later -- all Punjabi bhai-bhai in Delhi.Ofcourse, now things might be
different but in early 90s all subsequent Air Chiefs were Punjabis -see above.

Kaul -though Kashmiri Hindu -are looked highly by Punjabis - I don't know for
sure why -- fairer skin and from lush green scenic area -like Punjabis -unlike
Rajasthani or Biharis?

Umesh

For more info on Air Chiefs :
http://www.mail-archive.com/assam%40assamnet.org/msg10936.html

Utpal Brahma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

          Umesh,

Actually only one Punjabi has become Air Force Chief,
Dilbagh Singh.

The first ever Indian Air Force chief was a Bengali -
Subroto Mukherjee.

For some strange reason, IAF has been a strong baston
of the Anglo Indians. In 1971 war against Pakistan,
50% of the fighter pilots were Anglo Indians.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1070403/asp/northeast/story_7598466.asp

> Umesh Sharma
>
> Washington D.C.
>
> 1-202-215-4328 [Cell]
>
> Ed.M. - International Education Policy
> Harvard Graduate School of Education,
> Harvard University,
> Class of 2005
>
> ---------------------------------
> Copy addresses and emails from any email account to
> Yahoo! Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail

__._,_.___   Messages in this topic (0) Reply (via web post) | Start a new
topic
  We appreciate your contribution to Assam Society of America!

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to
Traditional

  .

__,_._,___

Umesh Sharma

Washington D.C.

1-202-215-4328 [Cell]

Ed.M. - International Education Policy
Harvard Graduate School of Education,
Harvard University,
Class of 2005
  Yahoo! Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with
voicemail