Ram:

To keep things contextual, let us go back to the subject matter: Regarding it
being unfashionable to care about pilght of Hindus.

Critiquing is one thing. But the subject under discussion is a whole lot more
serious. If Hindus are persecuted because of their religious identity or
prferences or practices, but their plight is iognored, EVEN by other Hindus, on
account of it not being fashionable ( a superficial trait by all
considerations) as charged by Sandip; that would cast a deep shadow of doubt
about the strength of the HInduness of ALL concerned. Or at least it would
seriously DAMAGE the humanity of those other Hindus who would not care about
their fellow Hindus' plight. Forget about others.

If there is truth to the charge, how can you explain that Ram? Does it mean
that the Hindu identity therefore is not necessarily a reliable bond? That one
Hindu does not necessarily care about the plight of another Hindu? If so would
they care about another fellow human? Or that would or could be different if it
were somebody these Hindus might conside more worthy of consideration, because
it might win them notice ( fashionable) if they did? For example one of these
Hindus may not care about the plight of a fellow Hindu's religious persecution,
but may be perfectly willing to raise their voices against the plight of a
Muslim or a Buddhist or a Christian or an animist or even an atheist?

If they do, whart would that tell us about the intellectual foundations that
define what it is being referred to as the Hindu identity? Is it an identity at
all?

If Sandip's charge has merit, it would bring the quality of the Hindu faith
into serious question, wouldn't it?

c-da