Mahanta da
I have looked at both the pictures-the madhobi
lota/Beena/Kunjolota (as you said now) resembles none
of the two pictures. But the write up below vividly
describes the flower. The long stems are greenish-not
like those photos where the stem seems to be covered
by the petals.
Whoever wrote the description below-has grown up with
Madhobi-lota.Made me quite nostalgic. But I think I
will never be able to have a plant here in
Australia-strick quarantine regulations of Australia
makes any import of plant/seeds impossible.
Will have to wait till my next visit
Regards

Chitta

http://www.localharvest.org/images/cat/prod_7507_4274.jpg