<and as I know Dhemaji and Majuli is worst effected since 1950 earthquake, till
now nothing much did or done by any Govt.ONly Sanjay Ghosh tried to do lot at
Majuli- but he was killed at the mercy of ULFA>
Respected Dr. Das,
<as I know Dhemaji and Majuli is worst effected since 1950 earthquake> Somebody
should Ask AsasmGovt under RTI Act"What did you do, Why didn't you do?"Govt
might come back with figures like "We spent Rs 8000 CRORES--CAPITAL+compound
interest in these 2 distts since 1950--and that's how you got such good floods
this yr.- fit for Guiness Bk of Records.
 Clever one got huge new lands at Kaliapani-near Teok,JorhatDistt+at N. Gauhati
for 'setting UP' new Branches of Auniati Xotro+Doctorate+Unesco Grant(hoping)
AND too Prime lands at Guwahati City for Auto-part mAarket,Junior College
etc.(Dokhinpaat). More Clever ones got to set up MIPADS /MOPEDS   and bought up
luxury flats/Guwahati/Delhi property.

< till now nothing much did or done by any Govt>
Unclever ones remained for ever on roadside shanty Camps on Jorhat-Neamati
Mothaauri.

<ONly Sanjay Ghosh--->
I made inquiries .His was a high-tech  outfit --computers all around. He used
Govt. Techniques of Bholuka Banh Posts -to avoid Erosion -on the banks of
Tuni--  which meets Brahmaputra after 10 miles.ULFA should not kill . They
never said they did.

mm

Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 08:25:08 +0100From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
[Assam] Politics with Dhemaji
Friends,
Few days ago I found one mail seeking donations for school kids at dhemaji and
same was responded well by Mr.Umesh Sharmah.It was a kind of NGO.Since from
Bangalore we hardly get news from Dhemaji aea, its difficult to know in details.
All I had to depend upon news from home over telephone or Indian TV channels
from one side.
This morning one shocking news telecasted by NDTV- NGOs banned from working in
flood troubled Dhemaji for relief works.Some IPC implemented for
violations.Might be as I wrote about the Ant story earlier.Could any one say
what exactly NGOs are doing in Dhemaji aea and why the DC want to control
it????No NGO comes under DCs power....and as I know Dhemaji and Majuli is worst
effected since 1950 earthquake, till now nothing much did or done by any
Govt.ONly Sanjay Ghosh tried to do lot at Majuli- but he was killed at the
mercy of ULFA.
The NDTV carried that NGO are giving shelter to non effected peoples only.And
this is hampering Govt works for rehabilitations.
I shall be glad to know details from the man from Dhemaji who contributed some
news recently.I am also fully aware of the works of majority DC in Assam what
they really do.But the fact must be focussed now.
Regards.
Dr.Bikash Kumar Das
Bangalore.