BOYCOTT  INDIA’S INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATIONS  AND
  OBSERVE GENERAL STRIKE ON 15 AUGUST 2007

  JOINT STATEMENT OF
  1.            Kamatapur Liberation Organisation (KLO)
  2.            Manipur People’s Liberation Front (MPLF)
  3.            Tripura Peoples Democratic Front (TPDF)
  4.            United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA)

  The above-mentioned Revolutionary Parties/Organizations call upon the peoples
of our Region to BOYCOTT and prevent the celebration, in any manner, of India’s
Independence Day in our Region on 15 August 2007 as a mark of solidarity
against Indian colonial occupation and repression. On this day, a GENERAL
STRIKE shall be observed throughout the Region from 01:00 AM to 05:30 PM.
However, in view of the devastating floods in Assam and Kamotapur, duration of
the General Strike there will be shortened as from 06:00 AM to 12:00 PM.

            Yet another year has recorded the unrelenting national liberation
struggles in the Region gaining the upper hand on the one hand and the failure
of one-sided ‘peace talks’ as a means for conflict resolution on the other.
This has convincingly established the fact that the national liberation
struggles should be consolidated, strengthened and intensified while the
fragmentation of the Region on exclusive ethnic lines should consciously give
way to a new process of inclusive unity based on interdependent coexistence as
determined by the Region’s reality.

  Last year, we highlighted the historical responsibility of the national
liberation struggles in the Region to consolidate the unity of their respective
peoples sincerely respecting the emotional aspects of genuine ethnic
aspirations. At the same time, ethnic groups need to develop an inclusive
outlook in the search for unity in interdependence and coexistence. This is a
paramount necessity demanded by the reality of our Region which is home to more
than hundreds of ethnic groups.

            So far, India’s all out effort has failed, and is doomed to fail,
to suppress our national struggles because they have no justification
whatsoever. Ours is a just war to liberate the entire peoples of the Region
from India’s colonial occupation while India’s war against us is an unjust war
to prolong their colonial rule. History has always been on the side of just
wars in defeating unjust wars. Ours will be no exception. Time and unrelenting
struggles will bear testimony to our victory.

  Keeping faith in the collective strength of our Region, we appeal to all our
peoples to once again display their solidarity against India, the common enemy,
by making the Boycott and General Strike a complete success.

            Also in view of the devastating floods in Assam and Kamotapur, we
make a special appeal to the entire peoples of the Region to stand by the flood
affected fraternal peoples.

   “UNITE, TO FIGHT TOGETHER!”
  “VICTORY TO OUR STRUGGLES!”