World's Ignorance About Assam:

Looks like there is no limit to the world's ignorance about Assam and the North
East India. I think we discussed the book last year in the net. This book is
another example where the entire North East India has been skipped from India
(may be to the delight of the insurgents).

India Unveiled (Hardcover)
by Robert Arnett (Author

A highly acclaimed mostly colorful book with high editorial reviews:

As promised, I put the following review (See full reviews in Amazon.com) for
readers to know the weakness of the book:

Not Real India, Not Whole India:
"I was very disappointed in the otherwise colorful book because it did not
address the real India nor it shows the whole India. In fact without discussing
substance, the book has left out the entrire North East India comprising the
seven states, namely the states of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur,
Meghalaya, Mizoram & Tripura, the so called the Seven Sisters which is
physically the most beautiful and culturally most colorful part of India. So I
would suggest that when Mr. Robert Arnett visits India next time, he would
kindly take the time to visit the Seven Sisters and unveil the beautiful North
East India and complete the book showing more real stuff in India."

Rajen Barua