>>> it will be good for
them, bound together by the Hindu gods and Hindi?

*** Heh-heh looks like you are moving too fast.  Hindi
is a Language , Hindu is a Religion .... they way you
were born to a Hindu Family (you mentioned in a
posting)  but do not speak Hindi.  BTW, Krishna,
Kamakhya (considered a part of Sati), Shiva
(Bashistha, Umananda) are all Hindu Gods.

>>>A few of my relatives speak Hindi too. Better
than me anyway. Does it mean they have turned
Hindustani ?

**** They are already Hindustani irrespective of how
good hindi they speak ...  since they are Indian
(citizens of Hindustan)... however same is naturally
not aplicable to you even if you master Hindi.
And BTW,  why did your reelatives learn Hindi ..
someone did not force I guess

>Add Russia, China, UK, Canada and some portion of USA
to that too.

>>>*** I am glad to A. In fact Hollywood too has
gotten into the act, as you saw in You Tube the
other day ; Sanjay Gere and Sari Sarandon's
classy performance :-).  The other day a Nigerian
Taxicab driver  went on an about how much he
loves Hindi movies. Of course I felt sorry for
the poor fellow.

>  But that is the fact.

>>>But what does that all mean?  I mean Tamils
taking to Hindi by the droves ( as you and Sandip
and Krishnendu imply)? That the subcontinent will
go Hindi pretty soon, and  it will be good for
them, bound together by the Hindu gods and Hindi?

>>>A few of my relatives speak Hindi too. Better
than me anyway. Does it mean they have turned
Hindustani ?  Lot of Oxomiya Bongalis also speak
Oxomiya quite well and does that mean they have
turned Kharkhowa? Arunachalis near the Assam
borders no longer speak any Oxomiya, only Hindi.
Does it mean they are now true Hindians?

At 10:01 AM -0500 9/30/07, Alpana B. Sarangapani
wrote:
>Hi C'da:
>
>Add Russia, China, UK, Canada and some portion
>of USA to that too. As opposed to your cynical
>comment as ever on the topic, I also do not
>think that Hindi would be the 2nd language in
>these contries. But that is the fact. In fact, i
>hear several 'phoren' movies in 'Aamerika' now
>have music from Hindi movies on the background.
>But I do think Spanish would be.
>
>In Chennai etc., many of our Tamil relatives -
>nephews and nieces (even old aunts and
>uncles) speak fluent Hindi - English is a must
>for college educated people there, of course.
>But I get the feeling that Hindi is not only
>convenient if they go for training etc. into the
>north, but also is considered "elite".
>
>Regards,
>- Alpana.
>

>"In order to make spiritual progress you must be
>patient like a tree and humble like a blade of
>grass"
>
>- Lakshmana
>

>Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 09:44:13 -0500
>To: assam at assamnet.org
>From: cmahanta at charter.net
>Subject: Re: [Assam] Indian Political Boundary
>
>.ExternalClass blockquote, .ExternalClass dl,
>.ExternalClass ul, .ExternalClass ol,
>.ExternalClass li
>{padding-top:0;padding-bottom:0;}
>
>Hindi movies are very popular in Abu Dhabi, Egypt and
Albania too.

>Putting two and two together, like the desi
>knowledge brigade so clearly project, we can
>fairly assume that  pretty soon the whole world
>will change over to Hindi.
>

>At 3:55 AM -0700 9/30/07, SANDIP DUTTA wrote:
>
>Hindi movies are equally popular in Karnataka
>and Andhra. In TN also the situation is
>changing. I have two-three tamil colleaugues who
>speak pretty good Hindi though they never
>stepped out of TN before getting a job. They say
>they learnt voluntarily from Hindi Pracharak
>Samitis.
>

>Rgds,
>
>Sandip

groups is bound to happen.

>*** Does that mean that unless an American
>learns Spanish, she might not be able to get
>ahead when that time arrives?
>

>*** And to extend the logic, will one have to
>learn Hindi to get ahead  in India pretty soon,
>unless it is already so?
>

>At 12:39 PM -0700 9/28/07, Dilip/Dil Deka wrote:
>
>If you leave out the Hispanics, you can say it
>is one language in USA. As we all know, USA will
>have to face the issue of two rival languages
>very soon.
>

>Also USA does not have an official language. The
>reign of English as the language is due to the
>fact that all immigrants had to learn the
>language to get ahead. It is slowly changing and
>clash of linguistic groups is bound to happen.
>
>Dilip
>
>barua25 <barua25 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>It is all one mother tongue, one language here.
>Not like India as a whole administered by a foreign
language: English.
>Barua

prsent