>India has been forging close military ties , conducting >joint >exercises
and the like, with the hope of squelching >the sovereignty >aspirations of
the Nagas , the >Manipuris, the Assamese and so forth >militarily, >together
with that of the Shan people of Northwestern >Myanmar who have been fighting
for independence from >Myanmar >rule.

C'da,

Is this a surprise? India has always held that there are some insurgents
among Indians in Assam, Manipur etc, etc. It considers the actions by them
as anti-India.

If that is its position, why would GOI change just because you or others may
want it. Why would India NOT seek the help of Burma?

Also it helps little when you try to compare the Burmese Junta with the
Indian Govt.

--Ram