To get a mobile phone connection (per-paid) at any place in India (including
Assam),  you can always manage!
Take the  connection on someone's else name  ..  who has a Photo ID card
(PAN Card, driver's license, passport etc) and address proof (electricity
bill, bank statement photo copy) and  one or 2 small photographs !!

On 10/20/07, Alpana B. Sarangapani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Thanks for the good info, Babul.
> And thanks to Krishnendu for asking.
>
> About mobile phones in Guwahati, do they allow non-residents to get a
> connection now? It is great that there is no charge for incoming calls
> there. Although you get hundreds of minutes for a package deal here, they
> usually charge even more for incoming calls. I think India is very advanced
> in this field.

But I had to get my cell phone connected in my father's name. Reliant won't

Babul Gogoi
011-29817150 / 9868182079