mm

Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 07:00:20 +0000From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
[Assam] Bravo English fairness! Indians should take note and support
restoration of the Sovereign Independence of Assam.
33% of English 'want Union split'
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-7029707,00.html
Press Association Sunday October 28, 2007 1:23 AM
A third of English voters believe it is time for the country to split from
Scotland, according to a new opinion poll.
In a survey carried out by the Sunday Mail, 33% of those questioned said they
supported England being independent of Scotland.
Fifty-five per cent were in favour of keeping the Union and 12% said they did
not know.
It is an increase on the 31% who said they were in favour of breaking the union
when the newspaper carried out the same poll a year ago.
First Minister Alex Salmond welcomed the findings.
The SNP leader told the Sunday Mail: "Scotland and England need a new 21st
century relationship, based upon equality and mutual respect and this poll
shows that the movement towards independence north of the Border is being
reflected south of the border.
"Scottish independence means English independence too - governing in the best
interests of both our countries, and working as partners in Europe.
"We are winning the argument for Scotland to take responsibility, and benefit
from our own natural resources, and that position is striking a chord in
England."
The Sunday Mail's figures also suggest that there is more support for
independence in England than in Scotland.