some unknown hand must've borne the finances of their "liquor" all thru their
journey to GHY. many of them were reported to be inebriated.

Nayanjyoti Medhi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:    i live in survey, between
beltola and dispur where the incident occured. narrowly escaped when i was
returning home from my chamber at around 1 PM. adivasis started the attack
without any provocation from the general public. in beltola area when the
procession was stopped by a magistrate, they beat him up and threw him near a
drain. they hacked a motorcycle rider with a dao. they snatched a baby from its
mother and threw him against the road (present condition of the baby not
known). they then started stonning and beating innocent passerby's, broke shops
and cars. only after that the public started retaliating.

  but one thing must be said here. most of the adivashis who were
injured/beaten up are innocent. the culprits were in the front of the
procession. they atarted the rampage and fled. but the ones who were behind had
to bear the onslought from the general public.

  On 11/26/07, Chan Mahanta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:       This is just
unbelievable!

  However not everything  in this  report makes ordinary sense. Something is
missing.  I don't believe Adivasis would have started an attack without some
provocation from some quarter. Their numbers were not that great for them to
start such a war deliberately, knowing that they were far from home.

  Question is if we will learn the full story and when?