>>> TV--INDIAN channels particularly -is total waste of time and a( mostly)
>>> mental health hazard.>>> We should ban these forever.
Hi Mahanta da,
I beg to differ , infact  news analysis and talk shows on current
affairs-sports-business are  quite good.

an example here -
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/52566/nandigram-matter-of-concern-not-shame.html

these kind of programs were not there  until Private channels were allowed in
90s.
We have come a long way from the 80s dull n boring Doordarshan( govt mouth
piece) programs.
 Anchors like Pronoy Roy, Karan Thapar, Burkha Dutt ,Shekhar Gupta are among
the very best in the world.

Yes, true not all  50 plus channels have same standard but atleast viewers in
India now have the choice to watch from so many of them.
Whether they are fair and balanced (example  this gauhati flare up) ...it's
upto the viewers to decide and clearly these channels should have given more
air time to majority of  Gauhati/Assam  residents who didn't support  this
mindless violence and that  lady who was stripped and chased .

note -   Print media has now reported some
Mamoni Goswami speaks to the victim :
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1071128/asp/frontpage/story_8601981.asp
Beltola residents Cry for arrests of voyeurs:
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1071128/asp/guwahati/story_8601391.asp
Assam singer/artists :
Words of comfort for victims
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1071128/asp/guwahati/story_8600336.asp