Dear Vavani da,

  Please read the AIR news (News At Nine ,2100 Hrs,January 19, 2008,All India
Radio) given beloew.I think we can apporch Central Govt. for upgrading JEC,AEC
ect with central Assistance.

  Thank You

  Buljit Buragohain ,
Research Scholar,
Centre for Energy,
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
Guwahati-781039, India

  Mobile No:094351-88630

Outlay for Education increased four fold in the 11th plan.   "There is a four
fold increase in the current Plan for education. An amount of 2.70 lakh crore
rupees has been earmarked for this sector. Thirty central universities
including 14 aiming at  world class standards are being set up during the plan
period.  The 11th Plan now in operation proposes setting up of 8 new IITs, 7
IIMs, 10 national institutes of technology besides upgrading 200 state
engineering institutions with central assistance. Setting up of 700 new
polytechnics through private-public partnership is also on cards."

  News At Nine ,2100 Hrs,January 19, 2008,All India Radio

  http://www.newsonair.com/full_news.asp?type=bulletins&id=199

Vavani Sarmah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
            With dure respect, want to bring it to your notice and for
necessary help. Please see the pictures in the link and compare the so called
progress at Jorhat Engineering College in last 10 years
http://picasaweb.google.com/pphookan

  I was shocked to see it in ruins. The main building was in pathetic condition
... it seriously needs repair and a whitewash. The roof had a blue plastic
sheet and to hold it down some kind of bamboo frame has been put on top of it.
The lake was surrounded by bushes... no flowers are grown at the entrance.

Borah's canteen seemed to be a little livelier than the rest of the place. The
Auditorium and the hostels looks like they are haunted...

I was pretty disappointed seeing the place where we all studied and had spent
some of the golden days of our lives ... in fact the poor maintenance of the
campus, the prfessor's quarter's etc left me spell bound too ... I feel
helpless to see that our Alma Mater is in
such a horrible condition today .... as if its dying down slowly and nobody
(not even the govt) is concerned about it.

  Do we all ask/request/protest with Govt for all these small small thing each
and every time. It is sad. Somewhere something is missing seriously and
planning is not done properly.

  Think Tank: I sincerly bag your help to do something to keep the glory of one
of the great school of Assam. Can govt not keep some money for maintemance of
those facility every year?

  FYI:   I read in news papers that GoA has sanctioned 10 crores for JEC
development(also I talked with CM during his NYC visit last year) and when I
talked with Prof. Parimol Bakul Barua of JEC he told me that the money is in
the red tape of PWD department as they suppose to do all the necessary civil
works. I don't know, it is really pathetic....

  This is not only case for JEC, same thing happening for all other great
school in Assam and NER, AEC, GMC, AMC, GU, DU, and so on. We need good
planning and we need it right now before it is too late to bring back that
glory.

  Few comments: Ranjit, Kingshuk and few others visited JEC in August 2005 and
found that the rooms 101, 102 and 103 (where we used to have our 1st year
classes) had been abandoned. Green moss lines had grown in the cracks of the
roof, walls, corners of the blackboards ; the floors were partially flooded.

  The dark rooms though were full of the same old furniture sitting in the
water. The staircase on that wing was completely blocked by dusty broken tables
and chairs and the collapsible gate on the ground floor (which dayscholars &
Hostel 5 and 6 guys used to use in the first year - the one next to the bank)
seemed to have been permanently sealed with a rusty lock.

  We were under the assumption that this was temporary and some renovation was
about to take place. But these photos were a real eyeopener.

  Thanks and regards sincerly looking for your help.

Vavani Sarmah
  Seattle, USA
  Phone: +1-408-891-6687
  Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

__._,_.___   Messages in this topic (4) Reply (via web post) | Start a new
topic
    MARKETPLACE

---------------------------------
  Earn your degree in as few as 2 years - Advance your career with an AS, BS,
MS degree - College-Finder.net.

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to
Traditional

      Recent Activity

      1
  New Members