C'da,

In India this journalistic discretion is absolutely different.
Maybe Indian news media is going thru a phase, and such standards be damned.

Some examples:
The Beltola incident - many newspapers & TV were not ashamed to show a naked
woman running around.

In the tiger attack in the Guwahati Zoo, last month, it seems a number of TV
channels showed live footage. There was only one newspaper (The Hindu) which
said 'after a discussion with the editors', it was decided to publish only a
black & white photo, not color'.

And now this gory & sickening photo of the unfortunate rhino. But in this
case, maybe, just maybe, it will wake up the Govt, and others who seem
hell-bent to capture the limelight at the first opportunity.

--Ram