This is real bad - acting like thieves (or like police in many remote places)

***
But its routine like a
daily affair in the other places- which are treated like Jaffna in SL. Life is
more miserable and acrocities are much high. They snatched bicycles from poor
villagers who come with new bicycle for market and ask them go by walk.Later
they might return the cycle in a bad condition or take alongwith them ....Same
for the bikes, they take only new bikes.Jeep-Maruti van are countless.

I had heard of people bringing teak logs from Asam in army trucks to make
furniture in their North Indians homes - but this is totally outrageous.

Umesh

Friends,
  Finally we need to wake up against 2 centuries old Army acricities began by
the British Army in the North East and very much in Assam.Although we got
independance, the brutality at any un explained reason continues and since
operation Bajrang in Dec 1990 , its more now.As the world heads for hi
technology and discoveries,the b rutality part is being ignored by all
sections- from Politician, beaurocrats to the educated one. The reason are
still un known why Army is behaving in the North East like that.
  If something hapen only in GHY- people cries foul.But its routine like a
daily affair in the other places- which are treated like Jaffna in SL. Life is
more miserable and acrocities are much high. They snatched bicycles from poor
villagers who come with new bicycle for market and ask them go by walk.Later
they might return the cycle in a bad condition or take alongwith them ....Same
for the bikes, they take only new bikes.Jeep-Maruti van are countless.
  Why only it hapens in Assam?Who gives this order?Why legal experts are
sleeping in Assam?Why law- honourable GHY high court cant do anything?Who tied
the hands of all?ARmed Forces Special Powers Act doesnot give so much liberty.
  Bihar-AP-UP-Chatishgarh and now KArnataka is worst then Assam.But even what
ever CRPF is deployed, they do work under local police.Army deployment is out
of question. Otehr than in NEI, at any place Army people are facing thousands
of cases and being convicted.But in Assam- the dadagiri remains same as before
1947.It is their will to do anything.
  Now time come to say stop and enough. Cannt we all write individually to
Chief of Army staff at Sena Bhavan, New Delhi 110011? I request all to spend 25
Rs. to send complaints to the chief and Defence Minister by speed post, so to
take note for RTI act later.
  The legal experts of Assam should gain good knowledge like other states to
come heavily now. Note also be taken in view of China's tensions. Army only can
never talk about KArgil in NEI.They should also talk on lost China war...KArgil
is elsewhere, we need to talk on our border.Now we have more educated people, I
sincerely request all to write.
  Army website www.indianarmy.nic.in   might not give frutiful result.Kindly
write individually to Defence Minister and Chief of Army staf.If for the
happiness of Kashmiri people- who has mere contribution to the main land other
than causing problem since centuries,where Govt provide much free
facilities,Govt can bow down taking action against Army and paramilitary
forces, surely NEI got 7 large state to contribute much for the main land. But
treated too ill.NEI is not that deadly being with China Burma border.Than what
is the reason hiding since hundred years?
  Kindly do write. Defence Minister Mr.AK Anthony is got office in the M block,
New Delhi.

Dr.Bikash Kumar Das
Bangalore
Umesh