Toastmasters International is the leading movement devoted to making effective
oral communication a worldwide reality. Through its member clubs, Toastmasters
International helps men and women learn the arts of speaking, listening and
thinking – vital skills that promote self-actualization, enhance leadership
potential, foster human understanding and contribute to the betterment of
mankind.  I as a member of Austin Toastmasters club , have been trying to set
up a club in Assam and North East. In my last visit to Assam , we have been
able to initiate the opening with a meeting at the Cotton CollegeGuwahati. The
proceeding and the format of a club meeting has been listed in the url below.

http://friendsofassam.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=70&Itemid=96

  We hope that the Toastmasters Club will help the students and professionals
in enhancing communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. We also wish
that Toastmasters will prepare our young men and women to showcase Assam and
North East in national and international forum and also espouse our struggles
and unique problems in a conspicuous and distinguished way.

  Ankur Bora
  Austin , Texas