From: Ram Sarangapani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Ganesh C Bora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Assamnet <assam@assamnet.org>; [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 4, 2008 1:09:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Assam Society] Re: Bolin Medhi

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for forwarding the video.

I'm glad that Mr. Medhi has got some exposure because of this coverage in
MSNBC. Now, the mainstream Indian media will of course also cover it, and
hopefully Mr. Medhi benefits from it.

But Keith Obermann usualy has stories like this in his odd-ball section. It is
usually to make fun of odd news in different countries. He has several from
India - one with a truck going over a person (some competition), another of
actor Rajnikant giving a cigarette to a 5 year old, another of a guy with long
nails and so forth.

Basically, what I'm saying is that Keith O does NOT bring out these stories and
talents in the right spirit, but rather as a subject of ridicule.

I could be wrong, but thats the way I see it - with a grain of salt!

--Ram