In 1989, I did wrote one speed post letter to then chief conservator of forest,
GHY informing one Mr.Saikia, having Saw mill inside Kahora came to Kanpur for
purchase of high power gun that used to kill Rhino.(sorrowfully I dnt have the
copy).That time I was posted at Kanpur.The letter was urgent, but I never got
reply back.And the man , I heard was using the gun very well.Kanpur is heven
for local made to Defence made smugled weapon heaven.
  In my own investigation I could only find that the Saikia was basicaly from
Rangapara area.
  Might be his encestors are still doing this hectic job to provide money to
the politician or militant. Rhino is only left over to give crores in a shot of
Rs.100.

  I am sure lot of high handed people are involved.

Dr.Bikash Kumar Das
Bangalore( India)
0091-9480618880