His Director General of Police Mr. Mathur has stated that the police would use
those who have ceased fire to identify the ones who have not. The question is,
whether these people have ceased fire or have become informers for the love of
the lucre? Is it not unfortunate, because, such a course would lead to more
fatricidal violence? In addition, it has been reported in NE TV that these
persons would be satisfied with a Upper House in the Assembly consisting of
representatives of various ethnic groups. This may imply further vertical split
in 'our' society.

Uttam Kumar Borthakur