Dear Bharali,
This is in reference to your article published in the Assam tribune related to
the Non Resident Assamese (NRA).
http://www.assamtribune.com/horizon.html
I am a NRA and found a number of serious flaws in the article. In your article,
you are depicting the NRA as self centered lot; a group of pound
sterling/dollar earning people who while showing their concern for the
motherland, only indulge in debating, quarreling and grumbling. To buttress
your views you are referring to the internet discussion forum called Assam Net
and your interaction with a few NRI in the late nineties. It seems that you are
making a conclusion based solely on this vague and sketchy informative. While
portraying the Assamese expatriates as empty, exaggerated talker, you are
concluding your piece with a quote of Clark Gable from Gone with the Wind!!.
Let me also take the liberty of quoting the head-master of my primary school.
This was actually a favorite story of our respected sir and titled "The Emperor
Has No Clothes".
This is a story about a king who had the habit of seeing things as he wanted to
see. Two scoundrels took advantage of it and they made the king believe that
they had prepared the most fabulous cloth for him. The king parades before his
cowed subjects in his imaginary finery, until an astute child calls out: "But
the emperor has no clothes!"
In your piece of writing, you are apparently seeing only what you wanted to
see. It seems your fixation to the decade old nineties is totally masking the
current, the living present. If you do even a little research, you will find
out if the concerned NRA are only empty talkers. For your reference, you may
read a few current issues of "Posoowa" (www.posoowa.org), a popular NRI
magazine also published by Assam Net. Non resident of Assamese origin from all
over glove have been sharing their unique experience of contributing to their
dearest state and "Posoowa" is a dossier of NRI sincerity and genuine love to
their motherland.
Your attempt to portray all NRA as a grumbling group is highly objectionable,
unethical and unfortunate. I wish that you will do research, verify the facts
and amend with the right perspective.

Sincerely,
Ankur Bora
Dallas , Texas