I see that we need to address a few things and concentrate our efforts on those
only:

The mindset of the other Indians about the "North-Eastern" (NE) Indians needs
to go through a change. We need to help them see the correct picture. This can
be done by writing to newspapers and other media, vehemently protesting when
things like this come up, etc. In this kind of case, a law suit is not going to
be helpful. Negative mindset can not be changed with a law suit. It is commonly
referred to as changing the hearts and minds.

Lawsuits work when actions are taken - like the discriminating lawsuit that was
filed for not letting the NE student into a club in Delhi. Here, we do not have
evidence that it indeed did take place.

She needs to know that there are millions of people in the North East India
that are NON-Vegetarians, like many from the rest of the world, but they DO NOT
KILL for their own food. If that was the case, there would not be any stray
dogs (or goats or cows) in Assam or anywhere else in India, for that matter.

Animal cruelty need to be stopped - regardless of who perpetrates it, in
whatever caste, creed, religion or nationality. I can not change the world by
asking people to be vegetarian, but at least they can use ethical ways.
I think and hope that she has got the message. Next time she writes anything
about the NE, she will be extra careful in making generalized statements and
being condescending.

Generalizing was the biggest mistake that she made that exposed her
condescending mentality towards other people.

“In order to make spiritual progress you must be patient like a tree and humble
like a blade of grass.”