Chandanda,
   USA reportedly has the technology to crack encrypted mail with or without
help from RIM. Others do not.
I think RIM will bend here , Indian market is huge for them. Again, if there
are fanatics hell bent on blowing  them up or kill innocents these measures
will not help.
Switching subject here . Learned something new on  todays wireless telephony.
Met a gentleman   from India who has come to our office for few months.
His family is  in Ranchi, Jharkhand. He gave me a demo how to video conference
to India from
US via cell ph, its a free service.  Catch is you will need a wireless  with
data service  and  video conferencing facility .It can be done from
iphone,android and Nokia handsets. You have to  download an app from this site
-

  http://www.fring.com/default.php  . The other party in India needs to have
the same thing in their handset.

We have come a long way in wireless telephony , specially in India. It was so
fascinating when i saw him live talking to    his friend in Ranchi. The guy in
Ranchi was shopping in a local market :-)
bye,
RD