Dear
Chandanda and Dilipda,
Let me confess that I was also fool to believe  this hoax and Made a
pre-incident report on Panorama column of last Pragyan. The pictures those
I've seen on net appeared me as doctored . But I thought how can one upload
original picture of an event which has not taken place yet.  I asked my
colleagues from physics department if  it's true . They didn't denied the
possibilities , but   suggested me to check NASS website.  I didn't found
anything there either. But, then even I thought NASA might have taking time
to comment on it. I thought there are so many references on net  about this,
how come it would be faults.
Now, after not seeing anything like that on sky and getting your mail , I'm
feeling guilty for making such blunder.
Sushanta

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Chan Mahanta <cmaha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *** Don't mention it! We are living in a sea of information over-load, not
> all of
> which are reliable. More than ever it is imperative that we remain
> skeptics.
>

> On Aug 24, 2010, at 10:27 AM, Dilip Deka wrote:
>
> > O'Mahanta,
> > Thanks for checking. It appears to be a hoax.Mars apparently appears
> bigger at times but not to the Moon's size.
> > O'Deka
> >

> > ================================
> > Resolved Question
> > 2 moons on august 27th, 2010?
> > i got an e-mail and it said mars will be close and appear as close at the
> moon, is this true?
> >
> > 1 month ago
> >
> > Report Abuse
> >
> > by astronom...
> >
> > Member since:
> > October 01, 2007
> > Total points:
> > 7325 (Level 5)
> >
> > Add to My Contacts
> > Block User
> >
> > Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
> > Sigh...
> >
> > Mars DID make a close approach to Earth in August, but it was back in
> August of 2003. And when it did make that close approach, Mars appeared
> nowhere near the size of the moon. Mars' angular diameter on that day was
> still about 1/75th the angular diameter of the moon. This email keeps
> getting spread around every summer, and even for the year 2003, it was only
> half-true.
> >
> > 1 month ago
> >

> > Report Abuse
> >
> > Asker's Rating:
> >
> > Asker's Comment:
> > thannks:)
> >
> > Action Bar:
> > 2 stars - mark this as Interesting!
> >

> > Who found this interesting?
> >
> > Quizard
> > Savannah
> > Email
> > Comment (0)
> > Save
> >

> > Add to private Watchlist
> > Save to Yahoo! Bookmarks
> > Add to My Yahoo!
> > Add to Del.icio.us
> > RSS
> >
> > There are currently no comments for this question.
> > * You must be logged into Answers to add comments. Sign in or Register.
> >

> > Other Answers (12)
> >
> > Show:
> >
> >              var yanAnswerSortUlt = {
> >                'option7' :
> '/question/index;_ylt=AqXqVef1vIf.0jkowlunZRQBxgt.;_ylv=3?qid=20100710140257AA4bYHx&show=7',
> >                'option1' :
> '/question/index;_ylt=AugjMnGZByqjUGApxI53QZ4Bxgt.;_ylv=3?qid=20100710140257AA4bYHx&show=1',
> >                'option2' :
> '/question/index;_ylt=AtO.1hv9GBHXjwrXUKSLZ34Bxgt.;_ylv=3?qid=20100710140257AA4bYHx&show=2',
> >                'option3' :
> '/question/index;_ylt=Arb1H_8nVSQxNj.a9WHL2LUBxgt.;_ylv=3?qid=20100710140257AA4bYHx&show=3'
> >              };

> [...]

Sushanta Kar
সুশান্ত কর
তিনসুকিয়া, আসাম

আমার ব্লগগুলি:
http://sushantakar40.blogspot.com
http://ishankonerkahini.blogspot.com
http://ishankonerkotha.blogspot.com
আমার সম্পাদিত 'প্রজ্ঞান'
http://pragyan06now.blogspot.com
http://sites.google.com/site/pragyan06now

"স্বাজাত্যের অহমিকার থেকে মুক্তি দানের শিক্ষাই, আজকের দিনের প্রধান শিক্ষা"
রবীন্দ্রনাথ