High  Dams -  Why Floods -How Floods can be made history;

Jyotirmoy Sarma fondly hoped -APPEAL  might work:
            Sorry - that  will not bother them the least. They won't accept
even a written appeal  .Not even at DC level. They are panicking: "Voters might
boot us out  for wasting zillions on   anti-people
,Pro-Moneybag,inflation-generating,clueless PLANs  " . Gas
Cracker,Bogibeel,Talks ----all dead ducks   -----". They also do not dare to
penalize big thiefs of the  useless paper Bundles call INR Crores.  The
pliablePress/TV eulogize these as  only  doing  KELENGKARI-- a chivalry-sort of.

We thought Digomborom was bad - but look at the  angry Dadababu and the mew mew
Sard. They are working on hints from YOUTHPower--

Why Floods: That is another Story of Half Knowledge .Jawaharlal Nehru
personally directed BoulderSpursbuilding at Dibrugarh to SAVE the TOWN in 1952
-53. I was visiting Dib to get medical helpwith a thorn in my foot .Somebody
took me to see the  "Bold new Engineering " being experimented by Great Nehru
himself. My ordinary villager's common sense told me something was wrong
there.I hesitantly asked       " Won't these sink into the sand?" I was told to
shut up--I did that.  Year later I went to show   my paining foot to the same
doctor. I was curious to see  the Bold New Engineering . I went . I saw nothing
there.What happened?   " SANK ,BUT MORE COMING UP' --I was told.

·
 (Great) ADB Reports thus:

At that time the Indian
government, led by then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru(who personally ordered
Stone Spurs built at Dibrugarh with rakes of Rock from Jagiroad) provided
riverbank protection and flood protection in two years, which still performs
today and has kept the town safe. The initiative itself, its implementation,
and the concluding note from Jawaharlal Nehru: “What has already been done at
Dibrugarh deserves to be made known
throughout India, and indeed the whole world. It is a story of challenge taken
and met with firm determination, hard work, and allround cooperation leading to
success“,        {REALLY??}

  He was sure  it worked.Then there were other Floods. He ordered " National
Embankments Policy' made into Law.He told all States to establish Emankment and
Drainage Ministries.
Lots of Assamese got Rich Soon Zoo road developed as Park Avenue. National
Embankment Policy still guides the Nation - although in between somebody copied
a nice American term:Water Resources Dept.
And Kosi was Nationally Embanked  . In 2008  Kosi Floods unhoused 1.5 million.
But National Embankment Policy Continues. Last week Tarun Dedicated 5Km
Spanking New Embankmente in Geotubes Imported from Malaysia . India Borrowed
$20 Million for/To "Protect " Assam

Summary:.Floods are caused BY EMBANKMENTS --  more so by NATIONAL ones!!
And Why does Indian Agro-Output goes down every passing year?   -- Due to
National Embankments -- as Live Giving Phosphates carried in biomass  by Flood
Waters from Hills is allowed to flow down only to Bangladesh .

How Floods can be made history?  Firstly Cut off  all the National Embankments
and Survive

FootNote:   Why Guwahati Floods could not be miotigated in 30+ years -- and
after spending 1000 Crores?

Himanta Declared   recently before being HighLighted  "Empower me to remove
encroachers of Hills around Gau._ I shall make Flooding a thing of the past."
Alas  he is only a fake Ph.D.  Did not learn Pascal's law. Guwahati will
continue to boil in  its own S--- and P---  till the Footings of Brick Bridges
Below the 2 rail Bridges at Bharalumukh and Bonda -- built by British masons in
1895  are blown out and cleared off.

Alas such will not nbe possible before liberation.

mm

Footnote: