*Once upon a time, there was a software engineer who used to develop***

*programs on his Pentium machine, sitting under a tree on the banks of***

*a river. He used to earn his bread by selling those programs in the***

*Sunday market.***

****

*One day, while he was working, his machine tumbled off the table and***

*fell in the river. Encouraged by the Panchatantra story of his***

*childhood (the woodcutter and the axe), he started praying to the***

*River Goddess. The River Goddess wanted to test him and so appeared***

*only after one month of rigorous prayers.***

****

*The engineer told her that he had lost his computer in the river. As***

*usual, the Goddess wanted to test his honesty. She showed him a match***

*box and asked, "Is this your computer ?"***

****

*Disappointed by the Goddess' lack of computer awareness, the engineer***

*replied, "No."***

****

*She next showed him a pocket-sized calculator and asked if that was***

*his. Annoyed, the engineer said "No, not at all!!"***

****

*Finally, she came up with his own Pentium machine and asked if it was***

*his. The***

*engineer, left with no option, sighed and said "Yes."***

****

*The River Goddess was happy with his honesty. She was about to give***

*him all three items, but before she could make the offer, the engineer***

*asked her, "Don't you know= that you're supposed to show me some better***

*computers before bringing up my own ?"***

****

*The River Goddess, angered at this, replied, "I know that, you stupid***

*idiot! The first two things I showed you were the Trillennium and the***

*Billennium, the latest computers from IBM!"***

****

*So saying, she disappeared with the Pentium!!***

****

*Moral: If one is not up-to-date with technology trends, it is better***

*keep the mouth shut.***

*Regards

YHA*

Be Happy!
Siddhartha Chabukswar (sidd_...@yahoo.co.in)

--
Sushanta Kar
সুশান্ত কর

আমার ব্লগগুলি:
http://sushantakar40.blogspot.com
http://ishankonerkahini.blogspot.com
http://ishankonerkotha.blogspot.com
আমার সম্পাদিত 'প্রজ্ঞান'
http://pragyan06now.blogspot.com
http://sites.google.com/site/pragyan06now

"স্বাজাত্যের অহমিকার থেকে মুক্তি দানের শিক্ষাই, আজকের দিনের প্রধান শিক্ষা"
রবীন্দ্রনাথ