Hi Bhuban-da:

Thanks for sending your random thoughts...they are enlightening and also are
thought provoking.

>>Why religion? Because, is not religion the bastion of superstitions? In other
>>words, superstition is integral to religion.

I don't think that is necessarily true - that is faith - 'bishwas' and not
necessarily 'ondho-bishwas' which can be harmful.

People can be religious, but not always superstitous - like, a
temple/church/mosque/synagogue going person does not necessarily have to
believe that a black cat passing the road in front of his car would cause him
any

I believe in God or something GREATER (in all sense) than all of us humans, but
have always been pretty darn opposite of the superstitous beliefs like -widows
should not participate/ be seen on any auspicious occasion. Shouldn't it be the
person's (the widow's, in this case) choice and not the society's or the so
called "enlightened" ones? Is it the widow's fault that death came to her
husband first than those Immortal "enlightened" ones? How could they believe
that the widow's "destiny" can rub in to them and make them also "mortals"?

>>Bilat-ferrots are not necessarily enlightened people.

That exactly is my point.  No matter, how "educated" or how many 'Xaagor-Moha
Xaagor' they crossed and how many degrees they acquired or how "enlightened"
they have become, their 'elandhu-kolia' mentality never changed.

Am being too cynical? yes, have dealt with too many of those "enlightened"
narrow minded 'Ondho-biswashi's over the years.

BTW, I used Bilat-ferrot for not only England-ferrots but America-ferrots,
Australia-ferrots - all currently living or returned NRIs from abroad, and that
very much includes myself

I must mention, I am not totally free of some of those 'ondho-bishwas' thoughts
too, like - knock on woods, wear new clothes on the new year's day, etc., but
they are with products, not with human beings or their sentiment.

Thanks again for your notes.

Best regards,
-Alpana