''The Al-Ameen Welfare Society, Panjabari,Guwahati,a Non-Political voluntary
organization formed in June 2003 and registered under Societies Act of 1860
has been working in various fields of Social Welfare. Now, a project is
planned to chronicle the rich history of the Muslims of Assam with their
cultural heritage and contributions to greater Society of Assam.

Historical records show that Muslims started coming to Assam as early as
1206 AD and settled in Assam. Though, they maintained their religious
identity, they assimilated themselves fully with the Assamese Society in all
other aspects and became an important constituent of the greater Society of
Assam.

Now it has been felt necessary, that the along with this assimilation
process the rich cultural heritage and contributions of the Muslims which
constitutes almost 31 % of the  total population be recorded for posterity,
as no comprehensive study of this nature has  been done so far.

The study aims to research and record its findings in the following five
volumes.

1.      History and Heritage of Muslims of Assam.
2.      Ethno Cultural Study of Muslims of Assam
3.      A comprehensive study of the old historical Masjids, Majars,
Dargahs, Wakf Properties etc.
4.      A comprehensive study of Assamese Islamic literature.
5.      Geographical distribution of Muslims of Assam and their
Socio-Economic status.

The completed work will not only preserve the rich history and traditions of
Muslims of Assam, but also it will help the people to understand the process
of assimilation and integration more fully and in turn it will contribute
towards better understanding and social harmony.

This is an ambitious programme and we expect to complete it in about 3 years
6 months.

Though, we have started our work with our own limited resources and
contributions from individuals it will not be possible for us to complete
this estimated Rupees 95 lakhs project with our own resources.We have
approached the Government,PSU's and Private Sector organisations. But all
these will take time and we may not receive the totaln requested
amount.Therefore, we request all well wishers to provide financial help to
the extent possible."

For information please contact komo...@gmail.com .