From: northeastin...@yahoogroups.com [mailto:northeastin...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Ankur Bora
Sent: 22 July 2011 04:37
To: friendsofassa...@yahoogroups.com; North East; Support a child
Cc: assam org
Subject: [NorthEastIndia] (non) Acceptance of the US visa application fees
at Guwahati

Dear All,

There were a couple of postings on this issue recently in various Assam and
North East based yahoo groups. It's about application payment for US visa
interview through HDFC bank.  HDFC bank has been authorized to accept the US
visa application fee by the US consulate. However, the HDFC bank branches
either in Guwahati or any other city of North East region do not have the
facility for accepting the money and issuing the receipt. This has caused
tremendous inconvenience as people have to go all the way  to Calcutta to
pay the fees.

There was question posted - Does everyone travel to Kolkata just to pay the
fee?  - Unfortunately it was true unless he has frineds/relatives there.

We thought  it is time for an initiative to make the US Consulate accept
fees at banks in the North East, given that there is more than a trickle of
traffic to US.

I submitted an email to the  HDFC bank.  Intially they were reluctant to
pursue the matter. I however continued to pursue mainly I was getting
supporting emails from the FASS and Noerth East India group.

Finally HDFC bank informed that they received the approval from Embassy to
start collection of application fees at Fancy Bazar branch in Guwahati.

Finally , Hemanta Bayan  Deputy Vice President of HDFC bank informed that

the visa application fees would be accepted from 25th July 2011 at Fancy
Bazar.

This is a successful collective effort and I am sharing the news

Cheers,

Ankur

__._,_.___

Reply to
<mailto:ankur_bora2...@yahoo.com?subject=Re%3A%20%28non%29%20Acceptance%20of
%20the%20US%20visa%20application%20fees%20at%20Guwahati> sender | Reply to
<mailto:northeastin...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%28non%29%20Acceptanc
e%20of%20the%20US%20visa%20application%20fees%20at%20Guwahati> group | Reply
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthEastIndia/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxOGQ2ZnZpBF9T
Azk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwOTQzODg1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTgzODA3MwRtc2dJZAM4MTg5BHNl
YwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTMxMTMwMjIxMw--?act=reply&messageNum=8189> via
web post |
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthEastIndia/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmc2E3YnAxBF9T
Azk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwOTQzODg1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTgzODA3MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNu
dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzMTEzMDIyMTM-> Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthEastIndia/message/8189;_ylc=X3oDMTM1YWZ0
azRiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwOTQzODg1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTgzODA3MwRtc2dJZAM4
MTg5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMTMwMjIxMwR0cGNJZAM4MTg5>  (1)

Recent Activity:

zU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEwOTQzODg1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTgzODA3MwRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwB
HN0aW1lAzEzMTEzMDIyMTM-> Visit Your Group

TQzODg1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTgzODA3MwRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTMxMTMwMjIxM
w--> Yahoo! Groups

Switch to:
<mailto:northeastindia-traditio...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery
%20Format:%20Traditional> Text-Only,
<mailto:northeastindia-dig...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Di
gest> Daily Digest .

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=10943885/grpspId=1705838073/msgI
d=8189/stime=1311302213/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>