Dear Friends:

This news is from the Times of India (20 03 2012)

-bhuban

Malaysia ian graduates who achieve first-class honours, and then pursue
post-graduate studies at local universities.

"These top students can now pursue post-graduate degrees at public universities
should they decide to do so," Razak said.

He added that the announcement was to keep the promise he made at the launch of
the 1Malaysia Indian Student Movement (1MISM) last year.

According to The Star, the students will receive RM15,000 each through the
Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) Foundation.

Razak said that the government had allocated some RM440mil to build new schools
and some RM80mil to build houses of worship for the Indian community since
2009.

"The Cabinet had just approved the construction of six new Tamil primary
schools. I am happy to share with you that the government will build two new
four-storey buildings for the recently-approved Tamil primary school in Taman
Petaling Jaya Section 1," he said.

"The school will be named after former MIC president, the late Tan Sri V
Manickavasagam," he added.

Razak also said that the government had kept all its promises made in 2009 to
Malaysians, including the Indian community.

"We will not make empty promises to the Indian community just to win some
votes. I will not do anything to compromise the future of the nation," he said.