Yes, in google map, it seems all the streams linking Brahmaputra near
Dnakuakhana (?) and Sowansiri, which earlier created the Island are now
dry. The main stream of the Brahmaputra within its braided surface is now
flowing close to Disangmukh and Dikhowmukh and creating heavy siltation in
the sources of all the earlier distributories close to Dnakuakhana (?).
However, it is interesting to see that the 'live' stream close to
Jengraimukh, which links Sowansiri is still a ditributory of Brahmaputra
with its sources somewhere close to the Bogibil bridge (under construction)
near Dibrugarh. This probably makes it a larger island - actually we may
not consider it as the original majuli, we know. But it is also a majuli /
majali!

At the same time, the upwardly moving main stream of the Brahmaputra in the
southern part of Majuli (Ahatguri, Auniati, etc) is eroding, segregating
its land area into smaller islands. Diverting the stream to south may save
these areas, but then pressure will be on Gohaingaon, Kokilamukh, etc on
the southern bank. A well-designed diversion channel in the middle of the
braided portion may save both and will help reclaiming areas in and around
Auniati.

Regards
Amitabh