Partition is the root cause of all the problems. It benefits some of the power
hungry people and the common people doesnot gain anything out of this. They
only suffers. Look at the India - Pakistan partition case. Assam was connected
with the rest of the world through a big land area. We had buisnesses through
the river route and even through the sea route. Our per capita income was more
than that of national average during pre-independence era. We had migration at
that time as well. But, we gained from that as we had Madhav deva (the great
contributor to Assamese Society after Sankardeva) and many more from that part
and from whom we were benefited a lot. There was reverse migration as well from
which we only gained. Now, after partition, we are  landlocked. We are
connected with the rest of the world only through the famous 'Chicken neck'. We
dont have buisness through river route anymore. Journey to Calcutta from
Guwahati takes 24 hours by train
 now. It was much less during pre-independence era even when we need to change
trains. The per capita income has gone below the national average. It
benefitted mostly one party because of this partition and ultimately it
contributed to the Dynasty raj of one family. The partition was done due to the
political greed of this family...
And we the people of Assam are made to suffer from myriad of problems due to
partition.

Regards

Gautam Choudhury